Operational Virtual Assistant
Between 10 and 18 hours per week / $24ph, negotiable.
Due to ongoing growth and responsibilities to our larger clients, bottom line requirements are being rejected off the back of limited time. We're now at the point where a competent individual is required to help with operational, admin and assistant work for the Director team at Fixinc.
This position will be seen as one of our most important, someone who can keep an eye on our progress and the business as a whole from top down. You'll see when we're not keeping up, you'll be open to communication and speak up when you see issues.
This role will be very varied in the what it requires you to do day to day. We need someone who is agile and comfortable with change and regular jumps in workloads and work types.
- Supporting our inbox and user facing products like social media and emails.
- Virtual assistant to Ollie and Lara, looking after diaries, basic day to day tasks, workloads etc.
- Assisting in research and development of key products, ideas and concepts.
- Ensuring the correct tools are in place to engage our clients and projects (meetings, document management etc).
- Partner engagement, financial tasks (like aligning our books on Xero - full training provided), engaging with our SAAS providers where necessary.
This role will likely suit someone fresh out of university (or still in uni) that has some spare time and requires some further experience in an agency, start-up world. Or, you may be a stay at home parent or someone looking to gather an extra income alongside a hobby or other commitment.
- Good competency in computer/s software including the Microsoft suite, Google Suite and a variety of only SAAS tools.
- Bonus if you have experience within any of the following: HubSpot, Asana, GSuite, Xero, Webflow, WordPress (not essential as we can train the perfect candidate on all of these).
- Fantastic and concise communication (being remote, this is vital).
- Experience in assisting team members and reporting managers in fast-pace dynamic environments (this may be working in a team environment where you've assisted management in projects or tasks. It may also be in sporting or group environments).
- Excellent grammar and spelling skills.
- The confidence to talk with customers, clients and all the variety of people we deal with (we'll be looking for you to take the load off of how many meetings and conversations we have with people, so you must be confident in your communication skills.
- Professional but down to earth. Our team know when to turn it on, but also when to abruptly turn it off.
This role will begin as a part-time contract. This means you need to consider whether being a contractor is right for you. We will help the right candidate get the support and professional knowledge if this is new to you. After a period of time, should you be the right team member and our workloads increase, we will look at a permanent position for you.
Apply today by sending your CV and a small write up about yourself and your experience. We will conduct a phone interview with you in the first instance.
Email firstname.lastname@example.org to apply.
Apply for this position
Other Open Roles
WordPress frontend developer
We're on the look out for a new frontend WordPress web developer to help us with some current contracts and upcoming ones. Your role will be to focus heavily on the final product our design team sends you.
First and foremost, we're looking for someone who is overall a decent, genuine person and happy to have a good chat and beer with us from time to time (beer not always necessary). We're a small but close group of creatives and we're looking for someone to easily fit in our group.
We're looking for someone who can demonstrate at least 10 years of creative experience. While this doesn't need to be specifically on web-development, you need to be able to show you understand the mechanics of agency and B2B life.
- Working directly and effectively from a remote set up with our Director and Creative Director.
- You will oversee and ensure you have sufficient information from each brief to conduct the work to a high standard.
- Completing full WordPress website builds (including the backend set up and taking wireframes and brand guidelines into a physical product).
- Supporting existing websites (whether you built them or not) with monthly maintenance.
- Working on the creation of completely bespoke, unique concept for new and existing websites.
- Auditing and producing reports on our clients current site quality.
- Improving and enhancing current client websites*
*We're fully aware that the task of improving someone else's code is a big no-no in the development world. This task would align closely to your auditing and in most cases require a new build for the client. In some cases, this improving is adding very basic functionality to their existing site.
Some of the projects you'll work on
The first project you will work on is our client Bushman Tours.
This platform requires constant improvements in the front end and functionality of the site. In fact, the client will soon be pivoting their business model offering you the chance to be a critical cog in new concepts and ideas they have.
What makes this opportunity perfect is that the hard work has been done. Our previous developer (who now heads up design at Hatch), has built an award-winning product. Your role will be to add to this and continue to develop the solutions Bushman Tours is hoping to achieve. Some immediate tasks will be:
- Creating a super navigation menu
- Swapping and merging some key widgets on the site
- Creating automation and basic API processes
- Testing and checking for bugs and broken links
- Adding to the design of the current tour pages
If you are successful with this application, you'll get a full brief and will work on one task at a time.
How it works at Fixinc
As a contractor, finding work can take up a considerable amount of time while you're also juggling project deadlines. Fixinc is a collective of creatives that worry more about the work than the clients. Our founder, Ollie, will go out and obtain the work and project manage it alongside our Creative Director, Lara. We hope at any given point, you will always have at least one project to work on with us. As we grow your workloads and relationship with us, it is always our goal to give you a full-time amount of exciting and rewarding projects.
Freelance / contractor agreement
Please note, this is not a full time employment position. You will be subcontracted by Fixinc to work on projects we have won. This means you are welcome to work on your own projects and work your own hours on the basis you are able to commit to the agreed scope of work and timescales we sign off with the client. (You will have the opportunity to discuss your available prior to each project).
As a sole-priproter, business owner or freelancers, there are some minimum requirements you must have. This includes a certain level of insurance, the right equipment and the right experience. We will ask you to provide evidence on this within the application process.
Send us whatever you think is necessary to get this opportunity. This may include a CV, portfolio, website or similar.
Send to email@example.com with the subject line "I'm your new web developer".
We can't wait to meet you!